When you brought your puppy or dog home, were you not excited at what the future may bring? Is Rover going to be your personal buddy through good and bad times? Or perhaps he'll be your child's best friend, just like your own dog when you were growing up? Or maybe Rover is just meant to be family, sharing each significant moment with all of you?
At cheerfuldogs.com, we understand the science and the art of how dogs learn, and we apply this understanding to our dog training and behaviour modification programmes. We can help you teach your dog the skills it needs to be part of your family!
- UNDERSTAND your dog: unlike what we expect, dogs don't come out-of-the-box, all ready to fit in with our family life and expectations. We need to teach them the behaviours that we want, fairly and kindly, and in a way that helps your dog succeed. We help you achieve this by using skills and techniques that are effective and humane, and are based on current scientific research and knowledge of how dogs learn.
- COMMUNICATE consistently: learn to read your dog's body language and signals as they're your best bet to knowing whether your dog is learning what you're trying to teach it. Communication is a two-way process, so communicate well with your dog, in ways that it can understand and respond willingly.
- REWARD your dog for a job well done: every time you interact with your dog is a training moment. Focus on motivating your dog so that it enjoys its interaction with you and use rewards to tell it what it's doing right. Rewards come in many forms - food, play, attention, a car ride, petting, behaviour enrichment games, etc. Use them well, as a dog will repeat behaviours that it finds enjoyable and rewarding, thus paving the way to nurturing a great family dog. Your dog can learn effectively without pain or fear, so can you.
- BOND with your dog: learning with your dog is a life-long journey and when done well, it strengthens the relationship between you and your dog. You'll be able to do so much more with your canine family member once you've mastered the appropriate life and social skills together - visit the park, chill out in a dog-friendly cafe, and safely navigate the sights and sounds of urban living confidently.
- We'll do our best to help you integrate your dog into your family, if you're willing to work with us and your dog, using force-free, reward-based, and low stress handling techniques and training. We are a Low Stress Handling Certified Silver provider (certified by Dr Sophia Yin, DVM, MS & CattleDog Publishing, a Veterinary Corporation).
- We continually update our skills and knowledge so that we stay current with the best practices that can help you and your dog. This includes meeting the requirements for continued certifications as mandated by the certifying organisations, such as The Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT) and The Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT).
These are our partners who share our vision, passion and endorse our training philosophy. Read more about what we are doing together.
|The SPCA Singapore|
|The Animal Clinic Pte Ltd|
|Mt Pleasant Animal Medical Centre (Redhill)|
Explore what we have:
Connect with us:
|check our blog for news, training secrets, promotions and events|
|back to top|